UE5 ERROR: Code Sign Failed for iOS Mobile Build and Deployment to iOS Device from a MAC

So far this project is blueprint only and builds and deploys on iOS devices from a PC. I’m trying to get the same project to build and deploy to an iOS device from a Mac but I get the ERROR below. Previously I was getting the “SDK for iOS is not installed properly error” using UE5 and Xcode 14. I followed a work around to use Xcode 13 instead and now I’m getting the error below. Has anyone else run into the same issues? Any ideas on how to resolve it?

UE5.03
Mac OS 12.6
Xcode 13.4.1

Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1
LogPlayLevel: ** BUILD FAILED **
LogPlayLevel: The following build commands failed:
LogPlayLevel: CodeSign /Users/Shared/Epic\ Games/UE_5.0/Engine/Binaries/IOS/Payload/UnrealGame.app
LogPlayLevel: (1 failure)
LogPlayLevel: Took 5.5072160000000006s to run env, ExitCode=65
LogPlayLevel: Error: ERROR: CodeSign Failed
LogPlayLevel: AutomationTool executed for 0h 1m 52s
LogPlayLevel: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=32 (Error_FailedToCodeSign)
LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Build Task, Time: 113.227007
LogPlayLevel: Error: RunUAT ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully. Exited with code: 32
PackagingResults: Error: Launch failed! Failed to Code Sign

1 Like

Interesting Update…
I’m running UE 5.0.3 My provisions and certificate work on PC but code signing fails on the MAC. Interesting enough a copy of the exact same project on the Mac code signs correctly using the UE 5.1 Preview version. When I tested it on the 5.1 I got a pop up from keychain access to allow the code signing and I was able to build and deploy to my iPhone for development testing.

1 Like

Any ideas why the Codesign Keychain access popup would stop happening? This has been the crux of the above issue for me. It used to popup and built fine.

Thx

~t

I had the same problem and managed to solve it. Always when I go to do a project from time to time I save some backups. However, in the file I was working on, the same CodeSign Error happened. So I took my backup and managed to do Development for my iphone. Maybe you can copy your content folder to another new project. I hope it works.