UE5 Early Access Sample Project: Stack-O-Bot

Hi there,

the last month I was working with a colleague on a small sample project in UE5. It is a third person sample with a ton features we build. It’s not a full game and aimed for advanced beginners. We tried to comment it well enough, so you can check it out in your own pace.

You can download Stack-O-Bot from the marketplace now.

I recorded a video that gives an overview:

It’s not a tutorial but a quite fast paced rundown of some of the stuff you can find and what was the reasoning for some of the features.

We also summarized it in a blog.

Besides using Nanite, Lumen, World Partition, Enhanced Input, Metasounds, Full Body IK and other new features we added a unique gameplay feature: You can print more of this robots and create puzzles with that.

Additionally we made a component based interaction system and some game elements you could use or extend as you like.

We plan to update this sample with the UE5 release and would have some ideas and assets to extend it, if this is helpful for you.

Feel free to each out here if you have questions. Looking forward to see what you do with it! Please share your tinkering!

-Andi

9 Likes

looks like an early no mans sky and runs at 50fps, IK system is nice. But hardly inspired about UE5 after running the project

Great work but this project gives some compiling errors with UE5 Preview 2.
Do you have any solutions?
Thx.

Check here:

hi @AndiEpic i’m following the video “Your First Game in UE5” which uses these assets but in a new project. i have my new project and i have “bought” stack-o-bot form the Marketplace but i’m not sure how to get access to these assets from my own project. can you advise me please?

Hey,
I exported them from there or used the source files. We are looking in options to share the source data I used in the video easier than that.
I suggest you migrate the Assets over like I did with the tree and fern. You can do that with the meshes and textures only and then build the materials yourself. But be aware I changed the naming of the files a bit for the video so they are consistent for that.

I hope that helps for now.