UE5 City sample

Hello,
I have some questions regarding the UE5 city sample:

1 -When I navigate through the project, I see a lot of flickering everywhere. I tried to change the antialiasing options, but none of them seem to give a smooth result…Also, when I hit play, the whole think is not smooth at all, it has artifacts everywhere, flickering and some kind of horizontal lines that makes it not playable/useful at all…this is not at all what I saw in the promotion videos…is there a way to fix all these stuff?

2 -I also got an error message “NAVMESH NEEDS TO BE REBUILD” I tried the “rebuild paths” with no luck

3- I am also getting crashes “GPU Crashed or D3D Device Removed” . The vram of the GPU is just around 40% used.

I am running it in a new pc, with a 3090 and I9 12th gen intel processor.

I am not much experienced in UE5/UE4 so probably there are some easy fixes for my problems, I tried to capture it with OBS to upload a video, but funny enough, when I record it the strongest artifacts get somehow smoothed by the recording…can anyone help me? could be something related to general settings of the graphic card? (already tried to increase TDR delay for the GPU crashes, and changed the computer and graphic card to high performance)

EDIT: I found this article that seems to describe exactly what happens to me:

video where you can see all that I see in the viewport:

So it is supposed to look like that in a PC? Is there nothing wrong with my hardware and configurations?

Thank you very much in advance

1 Like

Hello, i have a fix for all indie developers frustrated with the red devil leters (navmesh needs to be rebuilt).

• go to square box with plus sign
  • hit place actor panel
  • search for navmeshboundsvolume
  • then, cover all playable area in that bounded box
  • then, go to build
  • scroll down to navigation
  • and hit build paths.

it fixed it for me. you also may need to go to project settings, under engine/navigation mesh, scroll down to runtime, and enable rebuild on load level.

hope this helps someone . took my dumb butt all day to get it hahahaha

Thanx Man… Appreciate that after solving your problem you spent your time to save others time… People like you are very rare… Keep it up…
Stay Blessed…
Thanx a lot…
It helped very much.

1 Like