UE5 camera does not match Maya or Houdini Camera

Hello, when I compare renders, my camera in UE5 does not match the camera I made in Maya.

1. I made a Camera in Maya, baked out the animation onto keys and exported the camera as FBX.
    a. The FBX export settings were on for the camera:
    1. Animation
    2. export camera
    3. Embedded Media

2. I import the camera into Houdini and did a render to compare the Maya Camera to the Houdini render.
    a. The renders matched Pixel for Pixel between Maya and Houdini. As scene below, The black render is the Maya/Houdini pixel for pixel.

3. I imported the same Maya Camera into UE5 Sequencer
    a. Created a Cine_Camera
    b. Right Mouse Click and imported the Maya FBX camera.
    c. In UE5 these import options were turned on for the Camera.
    1. Convert Scene Units
    2. Replace Transform Track
    d. Rendered a frame and made sure the Aspect ratio was the same as Maya and Houdini.

4. There seems to be a precision error in UE that does not match the Maya render and Houdini render. Even though the same FBX camera was in all 3 apps, made sure to render the same frame, and they all had the same lens.

In the screen grab below we can see the black render is the Maya/Houdini. And the colored render is UE5. The Renders do not line up Pixel for Pixel.

Does anyone have a fix for this? I’m sure I did something wrong in UE5.

2 Likes

HI Sean,

did you find the way for matching?
I got the same unmatched result!

Bump!

Got the same issue. Strange no response yet. We’re trying to find the solution ourselves. I’ll post once I find any solution

Sorry, I have not found a solution for this issue. For Maya, there is a work around; we can use “Live link” to preview the shot in UE5. It takes more set time, though.

changing Reduce key tolerance to zero worked for me