UE5/5.1 crash Metahuman Identity Solve

I’ve been trying to use the Mesh to Metahuman function for the last 2 days and I just get continuous crashes whenever I hit the “Identity Solve” button. This is a persistent error with UE5.03 and UE5.1, since the update to the Metahuman plugin. I used it many times successfully before then. Nothing has changed on my system apart from the update to the plugin since the last time I used it successfully. Each crash gives the same error:

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x000001fbf75f47b8

UnrealEditor_MetaHumanMeshTracker!epic::carbon::KdTree<float,epic::carbon::NoCompatibility,3,32>::splitNode() [D:\build\U5M-Marketplace\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\MetaHuman\Source\MetaHumanMeshTracker\Private\carbon\include\carbon\geometry\KdTree.h:329]

(The last line is repeated about 80 times)

Anyone else have this problem or a workaround, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Update: I tracked down the issue, and I hope this helps anyone else with the same issue - the original mesh contained a few bad polygons that I missed - it looks like zero-surfae-area polygons were blowing the calculation phase up.

If anyone else is getting this error, clean up your base mesh in the software of your choice more than once - sometimes a fix will create other broken polys!