UE5 5.0.1 Animation-Blueprint is corrupt

Hi there,

I’m having problems in UE 5.0.1 with Animation Blueprint, after reopening the project, it’s getting corrupt, and I have to make the file again and again, is it I missing something, or it’s a bug?

Whenever I try to open the file it’s messaging “The Anim Blueprint could not be loaded because it is corrupt.”

Before reopen:

After reopen:

1 Like

I am getting this also with copying Lyra character folder over via migrate into another project and it corrupts the Lyra charatecters>Heroes>Mannequin>Animations>Base anim Blueprint

1 Like

Hi all,

I found that if you delete binaries and recompile, it will no longer be corrupted. I actually suggest deleting Saved, Intermediates and Binaries folders then regenerate the code.

1 Like

Did any of you figure out the problem? My Anim Blueprint is constantly corrupted as well every time I pull it from Git onto another machine - I’m forced to remake it completely.

Hi, I don’t know if my problem is related to yours,
I switched to 5.0.3, and switched to RiderLink IDE, and my problem disappeared.

but before my problem disappeared, I had a way to avoid corrupting blueprint,
just to made a copy before closing the project,
and when I opening it on the next day, the file that connected to my character being corrupt, but the copy one not, and just reparent the copy.

Hope if this will helps guys.

Late response but doing it for the future generation. When you migrate lyra main ABP it has c++ base class. My solution is to reparent it to anim instance and migrate. c++ class has GroundDistance calculation and gameplay tags binding.

1 Like

I actually didn’t migrate anything, I was trying to add a mixamo animation to the character. maybe I did something wrong.