UE5.4: Error with "USDImport" node in Cloth Asset (Invalid input LOD 0)

Many thanks for the tutorial.
Did it exactly and it works. The problem was in the 100% distance in the seam places.
But it looks like not an ideal, dicpite I incresed the sim quality.
Many overlapping places, and if I correct, the Epic promised a new simulation system that will work in the mesh square without adding a physics asset.
But here you can see the ovelaps

You really need to check your collision shapes, check the width as well, if its default is 1, change to 2 and see how it looks. It could be that you’d need to manually scale the shapes to be beyond the mesh object

1 Like

I was able to import cloth from Marvelous Designer using the USDImport node without the Input Input LOD 0 warning by following this walkthrough:
Panel Cloth - Editor Walkthrough & Updates (5.4) | Epic Developer Community (epicgames.com)
The main thing is setting the ‘Include Garment Simulation Data’ in Marvelous Designer ( USD Export: Garment Simulation Data Option (2024.0.173) – Marvelous Designer Help Center) when exporting the USD, if I do not enable this option I also have the Invalid Lod warning but exporting the simulation data fix the warning.

2 Likes

You sir, are godsend! I don’t know HOW I missed this tutorial. SAVED ME. USDImport works for me too now. THANK YOU TendiOne and UE Staff, Tim Brakensiek!!

2 Likes

Darn it, I do not have the Garment Simulation Data option :frowning:

Got the latest version… DUH?!? All good :slight_smile: