UE5.3 keeps crashing (expectation access violation ) when ever I change levels within my game

Hello,

My project is a architectural configurator where I press buttons to change the different looks of rooms (using level streaming). The crash occurs when I change the interior levels around (each scheme has 2 different levels on it) and go through them all once or do the same level twice. I’ve included the crash log below and have downloaded the debugging addon for unreal also.

Crash log

LoginId:546ddb7b4b81c32603e2c98e35cc8984
EpicAccountId:948ec3d248c74e7b83d25ac32947233e

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000008

UnrealEditor_VariantManagerContent!UPropertyValue::HasValidResolve() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Plugins\Enterprise\VariantManagerContent\Source\VariantManagerContent\Private\PropertyValue.cpp:607]
UnrealEditor_VariantManagerContent!UPropertyValue::Resolve() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Plugins\Enterprise\VariantManagerContent\Source\VariantManagerContent\Private\PropertyValue.cpp:531]
UnrealEditor_VariantManagerContent!UPropertyValue::ApplyDataToResolvedObject() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Plugins\Enterprise\VariantManagerContent\Source\VariantManagerContent\Private\PropertyValue.cpp:695]
UnrealEditor_VariantManagerContent!UVariant::SwitchOn() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Plugins\Enterprise\VariantManagerContent\Source\VariantManagerContent\Private\Variant.cpp:274]
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject!UFunction::Invoke() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\Class.cpp:6665]
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject!UObject::CallFunction() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\ScriptCore.cpp:1139]
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessContextOpcode() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\ScriptCore.cpp:3094]
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject!ProcessLocalScriptFunction() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\ScriptCore.cpp:1209]
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessInternal() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\ScriptCore.cpp:1306]
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject!UFunction::Invoke() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\Class.cpp:6665]
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessEvent() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\ScriptCore.cpp:2145]
UnrealEditor_Engine!AActor::ProcessEvent() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Actor.cpp:1122]
UnrealEditor_Engine!FLatentActionManager::TickLatentActionForObject() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\LatentActionManager.cpp:314]
UnrealEditor_Engine!FLatentActionManager::ProcessLatentActions() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\LatentActionManager.cpp:208]
UnrealEditor_Engine!AActor::Tick() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Actor.cpp:1540]
UnrealEditor_Engine!AActor::TickActor() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Actor.cpp:1516]
UnrealEditor_Engine!FActorTickFunction::ExecuteTick() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Actor.cpp:251]
UnrealEditor_Engine!FTickFunctionTask::DoTask() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\TickTaskManager.cpp:278]
UnrealEditor_Engine!TGraphTask::ExecuteTask() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\TaskGraphInterfaces.h:1265]
UnrealEditor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:758]
UnrealEditor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:649]
UnrealEditor_Core!FTaskGraphCompatibilityImplementation::WaitUntilTasksComplete() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:2125]
UnrealEditor_Engine!FTickTaskSequencer::ReleaseTickGroup() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\TickTaskManager.cpp:556]
UnrealEditor_Engine!FTickTaskManager::RunTickGroup() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\TickTaskManager.cpp:1583]
UnrealEditor_Engine!UWorld::RunTickGroup() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\LevelTick.cpp:771]
UnrealEditor_Engine!UWorld::Tick() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\LevelTick.cpp:1515]
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Tick() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\EditorEngine.cpp:1924]
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd!UUnrealEdEngine::Tick() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\UnrealEdEngine.cpp:531]
UnrealEditor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\LaunchEngineLoop.cpp:5825]
UnrealEditor!GuardedMain() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Launch.cpp:188]
UnrealEditor!GuardedMainWrapper() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:118]
UnrealEditor!LaunchWindowsStartup() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:258]
UnrealEditor!WinMain() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:298]
UnrealEditor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [D:\a_work\1\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
kernel32
ntdll

1 Like

Just going to be updating this post while I try and fix it incase anyone else encounters this issue in the future.

Right now I’ve worked out that this is related to the variant table changing objects in a level. The scene change is just a single to twin room with anything that isn’t shared between either just going down -5000 units so I cant be seen or interfere with the player. I’ve reduced the crash’s now by having the material change script not contain the variant scripts and having it done with another button but I’m still encountering a few crashes that have the same log.

Will keep posted on if I find a fix :smiley:

1 Like

UEFN still crashes after launch.

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO

UnrealEditorFortnite_Win64_Shipping
kernel32
ntdll

I think this is best to create your own thread for it as its two different errors :smiley:

After some time trying to geta fix for it I ended up just going back to the routes of it and instead of level streaming with the variant table I’m just going to level stream it as I know for certain that it will work. But if anyone in the future finds a proper fix for the variant issue please put it below to help people in the future :smiley: