UE5.3 Crash when Package Project button is clicked

Greetings so I have finished a project and when I went to package it, right after clicking the package project button the editor freezes for a split second and then crashes giving me this message. I also tried packaging other projects but I am met with the same issue as mentioned above.

I have tried to search but couldn’t find a fix for it or a lot of people with similar errors as this one. If anyone has any idea of what this could be it would be of great help. The following is the full message I get maybe it could help find what’s wrong.

Many thanks in advance!

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x0000000000ffffff

gdi32
gdi32
comctl32
comctl32
comctl32
comctl32
user32
user32
user32
ntdll
win32u
user32
user32
user32
shell32
shell32
shell32
shell32
user32
user32
user32
ntdll
win32u
user32
user32
user32
shell32
shell32
shell32
comdlg32
comdlg32
comdlg32
comdlg32
comdlg32
comdlg32
comdlg32
user32
user32
user32
user32
user32
user32
ntdll
win32u
user32
user32
user32
user32
user32
comdlg32
comdlg32
UnrealEditor_DesktopPlatform
UnrealEditor_DesktopPlatform
UnrealEditor_ExternalImagePicker
UnrealEditor_ExternalImagePicker
UnrealEditor_Slate
UnrealEditor_Slate
UnrealEditor_Slate
UnrealEditor_Slate
UnrealEditor_Slate
UnrealEditor_Slate
UnrealEditor_Slate
UnrealEditor_ApplicationCore
user32
user32
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
kernel32
ntdll

Currently getting the same error on 5.3.2
Trying to look into and figure out why. Would appreciate any answers if anyone knows

Try installling the debug symbols to get better error handling (precise errir messages). Post them once you have more information.

I followed the following video to get debug symbols on 5.3 and after it was installed I tried to package my project and the engine didn’t crash out-right! It was able to create a build successfully! Thanks @3dRaven !

Glad you were able to make progress. Best find what the error mentions and try to fix it, just in case so you don’t get a runtime error in the future.