UE5.2 How to prevent seams on landscape with tiled images?

Couldn’t really find anything that helped. Here’s my problem:

I want to import a tiled terrain from Unity. So far I managed to import the height maps fine into one landscape with having them ending on _x#_y# and now I want to put the sat images on each tile. However, this leads to seams like this which I can’t get rid off:

I have a base material:

and then instances where I just put in the corresponding image:

The tiling is set to wrap:

When I change it to mirrored it works for one tile, but the other gets flipped:

It looks like, I could fix the seam with mirroring, but I would need to adjust the UV’s somehow per tile, because it doesn’t work with the UV’s I get from the LandscapeCoords. Here is where I am stuck currently.
I am also questioning now, if this is even the right way in general how to set this up, because it seems very cumbersome to set up each tile separately. Maybe I am missing something here?

ok, wasn’t that hard to fix. Just needed to add some tiling parameters myself to move the texture in the correct position.

The tiling is still visible when you look closely, but this is due to the source images. It looks much better already though, and later on I’ll paint over it anyway.

Hello,
I have a similar issue! But instead of seams I have small gaps between each streaming proxy.

1 Like

Not sure, what that is from, but if it’s from the texture you can fix it with adjusting the tiling settings as I have done above. But you probably don’t have a black or transparent area there in the texture?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.