[UE5.1] Waiting Out The Storm

A fun project I created where elements were determined by dice roll, super fun and challenging. The Shading was influenced through old and new age comic books and traces of moebius.

Project Created using various mega scan assets

3 Likes

Hi there @daniellanghjelm,

Hope you’re doing well!

Love how this felt exactly like hiding in a cave during a nasty storm. Cozy but still chilly from the storm despite the campfire. Also, huge compliments on the crystals - they added light and a welcome fantasy element to the scene. Admittedly, I’m extremely partial to this art style. It’s one of my favorites :slight_smile: And you have definitely done it justice!

Out of curiosity, was this project a standalone or part of something bigger?

2 Likes

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!

This was a standalone project I made along side the fellows for the world building fellowship (I was a TA for it). But honestly I love how it turned out and i am thinking about making it into a grander scale project or even further developing the shader to share on the market place (Maybe both!) :smile:

super happy with the crystals too, I actually made a crystal shader that turned out to be VERY versatile in different styles, here’s a post on it that’s still w.i.p

2 Likes

Oh exciting! If you end up creating an entire cinematic (or game!) alongside this, be sure to update here. I’d love to see more :smiley:

2 Likes

Will Do!

2 Likes

Such brilliance in this six-second clip; your gorgeous animated scene definitely deserves to be in an entire cinematic film or game! How long did it take you to create this scene in its entirety? :star_struck:

1 Like

Thank you so much :pray: roughly two weeks actually! I worked on it after hours, so probably could have been done faster if I could have more time towards it. it really helped to come up with a clear vision before starting so I didn’t waste time with the camera angle or layout :smile:

1 Like

Your vision was crystal clear; you produced such an impressive creation with stellar quality! Kudos again on the fantastic job done with this short animation, and I hope we get to see more from you soon. Happy Holidays! :grin: :christmas_tree: