UE5.0 crashes when adding a constant 3 vector or texture in a material

UE5.0 from the launcher crashes whenever a constant 3 vector or a texture is added in a material. Adding a lerp doesn’t crash UE. Issue is with existing materials and also new materials. Brand new UE5.0 installation (de-installed the upgraded EA to 5.0), RTX2070super, Nvidia driver 512.15, win10pro, 10750H, 32Gb. Default RHI is 12. Tested with converted and new projects - a fresh new 5.0 VRtemplate. Any suggestions what to try next?

Edit: creating a new material in a brand new 3rd person project works fine. So it seems related to VR projects?! See Unreal Engine 5 Only Crashes With VR Template

Assertion failed: CurrentGPUVirtualAddress != 0 [File:D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\D3D12RHI\Private\D3D12DescriptorCache.cpp] [Line: 729]

UnrealEditor_D3D12RHI
UnrealEditor_D3D12RHI
UnrealEditor_D3D12RHI
UnrealEditor_RHI
UnrealEditor_Renderer
UnrealEditor_RHI
UnrealEditor_RHI
UnrealEditor_RHI
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_RenderCore
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
kernel32
ntdll

Same for me. Also it crashed when you convert a constant 2 Vector to a parameter.
You can workaround the issue, at least for colors, using constant 1 or 2 vectors and the append nodes.

exact same crash log. When dx12 is enabled I get this when in the material editor.

I have the same issue. Crashes when I make a 3 vector. Anyone found any fixes?

Hey y’all

If you have any bugs you need to report about the engine, go ahead and put them in here.

this issue is reported a few days ago - see (and vote) here Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-148100)

I reported the bug through the tracker, hope that’s as useful. Curious how something like this issue gets through standard testing practice. Seems to only happen in the VR Template or if you use the Oculus Plugin.

I’ve bopped this over to the Asset Creation category - you should get some more answers/responses on it here.

This issue is already fixed and should go live in 5.0.2

1 Like