[UE5-0.0.0] Windows packaging error: where is the missing file?

I keep getting this error when I try to make a windows package build with UE5: “PackagingResults: Error: Couldn’t find file for package /Game/Cinematics/Sequences/Sequence/Showcase_Sequence requested by async loading code. NameToLoad: /Game/Cinematics/Sequences/Sequence/Showcase_Sequence”
I have turned off all async loading options in the project settings and still it gives this error. How do I fix this error ? or How would I make a file in that path : /Game/Cinematics/Sequences/Sequence ? I can’t find that path anywhere to place a dummy file in that place to fix the error. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !

Hey. /Game/ is your /Content/ folder. However you cannot view cinematic files (mov/mp4/etc) inside the editor. Right click on anywhere in the Content Browser and Open In Explorer. Now in Explorer, try creating /YourProject/Content/Cinematics/Sequences/etc

Thanks ! That almost worked to make the build but now this new error pops up: " PackagingResults: Error: Download support for building Win64 Game targets from the launcher. "
and I’ve already installed the Windows SDK through the Microsoft site and can’t find it through the Epic launcher but I tried to verify the eu5 and it downloaded 300-400mb of stuff but it still failed saying the same error.

I get this error, i’ve had it since getting UE5 i cant find a solution to this one.

you are the only person i have seen with this same error.
in my testing for the last 4 days with this problem. I can create any of the UE5 sample projects and compile them. but if i open any other project previously made. it seems to fail. then I have to verify UE5 as you say it downloads 350mb of data again

I did somehow make one package by creating a dummy C++ class, then generating visual studio project files. then launching it asked me to build the files.

at this point most projects still fail 1 passes. but this isn’t a solution. i need to know what could be causing this issue.

Hey there, I just had the same issue (the Showcase_Sequence one) and I managed to fix it : in my case it was because of the “Showcase” map from the GenericNPCAnimPack from the Marketplace. I removed the map and it packages fine

6 Likes

Same issue. This fixed it for me.

For new coming stduents, guideline is here

This is UE design issue. UE wou’t remove the reference(or notify you) after the sequencer is missing.

Error Message like this: (You may see different in your side)

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogInit: Display: LogStreaming: Error: Couldn’t find file for package /Game/Cinematics/Sequences/Sequence/Showcase_Sequence requested by async loading code. NameToLoad: /Game/Cinematics/Sequences/Sequence/Showcase_Sequence

Solution: (Written In UE5.0)

**Delete the Level Sequence Actor in Level. Without delete the whole level. **

1. Find the related level

How?
If you don’t know which level, go through each level, click Level Sequence icon (See below)

See if the Sequence list is the same as the error sequence (See below)

If this is the same name in the error message, you found the right level

1. Backup first if you can (Optional)
    You can use version control tool to help you (Git)

2. Type the same sequence name in “Outliner”, and delete this “Sequence Actor”
    E.g. Type “NewLevelSequence” in Outliner, and delete this

3. Save Level & Done. You should good to package. :smiley:

Additional:
Example Delete List (Asset → Related Level Name):

• GenericNPCAnimPack → Showcase
  • ModernCityEnvironment01 → (ModernCity01) & (ModernCityMap_Night)
4 Likes

Same here, now, why would the engine gives a ■■■■ about a map of an assets pack that I never even opened?

I had a similar problem, but instead of deleting it, I added a fake(do nothing) LevelSequence under the mentioned directory.
below you can find my error message

“UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogStreaming: Error: Couldn’t find file for package /Game/NewFolder/NewLevelSequence requested by async loading code. NameToLoad: /Game/NewFolder/NewLevelSequence”

Solution:
Create a folder named NewFolder(folder name can be change. Folder name must be the same name which is mentioned in the error message) and create a fake(empty) NewLevelSequence(Sequence name can be change. Sequence name must be the same name which is mentioned in the error message) under this folder

1 Like

Hey guys, I’m having a similar issue but with a different name to load.

“PackagingResults: Error: Couldn’t find the file for package /Game/Cinematics/BeautifulCorner_Cine requested by async loading code. NameToLoad: /Game/Cinematics/BeautifulCorner_Cine
PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Cook Failure”

I have no idea what “BeautifulCorner_Cine” file is. I searched for it in my content and outliner and had no luck. I’m not sure if this is a sequencer error or what.

Any and all help is appreciated.

1 Like

Bro you’re doing God’s work. Glad I come across your reply here. Thanks dude. I got a problem packaging my game after I add Dry Grass Collection by Megascans. They really need to fix that.

1 Like

Like I mentioned before;
Create a folder named NewFolder(folder name can be change. Folder name must be the same name which is mentioned in the error message) and create a fake(empty) NewLevelSequence(Sequence name can be change. Sequence name must be the same name which is mentioned in the error message) under this folder.

In your case create BeautifulCorner_Cine Level Sequence file under Cinematics folder(if folder is not exist then create it with same name under Game folder)