UE4Duino - Arduino to UE4 plugin Release!

Hi,

I believe some plugins are not compatible with source builds (Kinect 4 Unreal is one example) I’m trying to use the Leap motion and Kinect plugins together but that is not possible right now. I’m not sure if the same issue applies to the UE4Duino plugin but I have a feeling it is the case.

Hi ,

Thanks, I realized I had forgotten to connect Read Serial to Set. After the connection the Blueprint seems to work but the issue is that HR is always set to 0. I don’t know why that is happening. When I open the serial monitor in my Arduino IDE I can see values for Heart Rate being displayed. Also is my method to close serial on pressing J correct? Thanks

Hey karanparikhpgl,

I tried using your setup and was able to get everything to work right…here is the blueprint:

I see that you have your baud rate set to 115200…is it set to that in your arduino sketch as well?

And you can use a keyboard press to close the serial, but it would probably be better to add it to add it to Event End Play instead just to be sure it is closed.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you get it to work! :slight_smile:

Forgot to mention that the proper way to use “Is Serial Port Open” node is to use it with a Branch:

56b143a588579a4a4ae13b1d11126c89b8c82e80.jpeg

MacOS port?

How did you go with the MacOS port?

Grizzly, I appreciate your plugin. Like many other users, I am hopeful you will add a SerialEvent node to it, because without one it is somewhat processor intensive (since it is reading the serial port even though there is no new data). Have you been able to do this, or have a suggestion on how I can achieve the same thing? This is important, because without one you have the nodes constantly firing for no reason, which can cause latency issues from sensors.

Thanks for your work!

Hey guys, sorry for the late response! I have been crazy busy lately and didn’t see your questions.

Unfortunately I won’t have much time to work on the plugin anytime soon, but I will release the source in the next couple of days for anyone who wants to add or improve the code :slight_smile:

Thanks!

This is fantastic! Thanks so much for doing this work. It’s very inspiring!

Now somebody make a firmata plugin on top of this

Hey guys!

Just uploaded the plugin again with source code included…just go to the first post and use the download link there to get it.

I apologize for the lack of comments in the code, just didn’t have much time to get it ready to be released.

If anyone has any questions about the code, feel free to ask!

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

Woah, awesome! Can’t wait to play with this!

Any this works on Android? I’m looking to make an Android app to control an Arduino

Haven’t tried hooking it up to Android…but as long as it’s a serial connection I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. :slight_smile:

this is so awesome. got it working on 4.7.6 fine…anyone know how to get it work for 4.8? i get a compile error when i boot it up.
thanks so much for making this!

So this works great in Windows, but does anyone have advice for how I could get this working on POSIX? i.e. I need to be able to run this code on windows/mac/linux versions of ue4

Hi, I can’t get this working with UE 4.8 for some reason It works just fine with 4.7.

Can I use this plugin to read my PIR Sensor connected to Arduino in UE4. How can I do Digital read using this plugin.Please help.

I’m trying to make a simple serial test scene (Using Arduino DUE) but the serial port doesn’t work.
Here is my sketch on Arduino and my Blueprint
4a5bfdb6556daabb244833635b2cf5b814fe3407.jpeg

In UE Log I see clearly that the serial port is opened and closed correctly.

(Using the Arduino Serial Monitor everything works right)
Can you help me please?

Is there anyway we could get an updated version compatible with version 4.8

Hey all!

Sorry for the late response…been a crazy month.

I will look into why 4.8 isn’t working with the plugin and get back to you all.

@Jacopo - Your blueprint looks ok, are you using version 4.8? If so it has an issue that I am looking into now…