UE4 - Winter scene WIP

I posted foliage to cover the awkwardness of a portion of earth and rock meet :slight_smile:

Thank you for having your interest in my work :slight_smile:

World Machine has helped a large part of the terrain generation :slight_smile:

thnaks to your commnet :slight_smile:

I wanted to place a blue light to give a feeling of cool. :slight_smile: Thanks for your commnet :slight_smile:

Just my personal work :slight_smile:

My crits are essentially that the snow on the rocks seems too random and the blue lighting you have is both too bright and too saturated. I would go for larger lights (make sure these are static and not stationary) with more falloff, less brightness, and less saturation. That should massively help the lighting there!

Also, would it be possible for you to post a screenshot with a few of the individual rocks? I would love to know what kinds of shapes you made the rocks into the form the scene. And do you have a plan to release the scene when you finish it? I’m sure there are a ton of people that would love to play with your great artwork, myself included!

Hello :slight_smile:

Here’s screenshots of rock used in this scene :slight_smile:

Did you make the scene with just those four? That is really impressive!

Passes a 2D photoshop vibe.

Oh and I forgot to mention this earlier, but you can do the blue tint in the shadows in post process volume as well. The look will be different, but it will be unilateral. You may want to try adding a bit in either way to complement actual lighting.

Very Nice! Can you guide me on how you created the effects for the waterfall… I am trying to create something similar in one of my projects but my waterfall does not look as good as yours… :frowning: any help would be really great! Thanks in advance…