UE4 window drag Bug

OK , So you know how can you easily move tabs(windows) from one frame to another like when you open several blueprints in one windows and navigate through them through the tabs. Well when u open a UE4 project there is only one tab which is level tab containing viewport menus and content browser and…etc , You can also move this tab , When you do the original windows becomes an empty UE4 window(if u close it the whole projects closes) and the bug is:
You cant return the level back to its original window(frame), and that’s it.

Hello,

This is a known issue with the editor. Our Slate developers are looking into fixing it. As a work-around, you can drag the tab with the editor’s menus to the top of the empty window and have it restore the size, but it will still not be locked in properly. Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve the issue.

Cheers,

Hey Blue,

The issue is still being investigated. I will see what I can do about expediting the fix, as it is currently in backlog. Let me know if there is anything else I can assist with in the meantime. Thank you for your patience.

Is there any update to this? I just had this issue come up and I can’t get rid of the background frame. I can move it but it is always gone and is beyond anying as it is very hard to move around. Because you can’t grab it directly to move it to a different monitor its just stuck there.

Wow so I found something that seems to be a workaround and might help tracking it down. The make window that has nothing in it seems to be tide to a blueprint that has closed or crashed. I have fixed it two times but finding all the tabs I had open at the time and one of them will open and it appears it is unsaved. I’m guessing it crashed. At first I thought something was broken when I double clicked on the blueprint several times and it didn’t open up. I just happened to look and see it was open with an “*” showing it isn’t saved in the empty window. now I can dock and everything is working right. This happened twice and I was able to find one of the blueprints and they open unsaved like this in the window. May not be the only issue but seems to be mine.

Thanks for the response and the effort! I really appreciate it

Thank you for that information. That may help us with getting to a resolution.

just touching base to see if there is any fix/progress for this. My fix in finding the blueprint/content window that is linked to the broken root windows doesnt’ work if you have deleted the content in question which apparently I did in one project so I can’t fix it and its stuck covering my second monitor.

I just had a technician test it and it looks like it is now fixed in 4.5. Please let me know if you are still experiencing this in 4.5 preview and beyond. If you do, give me your exact repro steps and I will be happy to further investigate. Thanks!