UE4 whole editor interface washed out

Hello there.

The other day I was working normally in unreal and wanted to test the GPU Lightmass feature.

I followed instructions to enable it and updated project settings but when the editor restarted it was all greyed out as you can see in the image attached.

Since I’m connected to source control, I reverted all changes and got the interface back to normal.

Today I enabled only Raytracing features on another machine with the same project and I had the same issue where the interface becomes washed out (as you can see in the attached picture). After that I disabled Raytracing and when I switched the default RHI back to “default” value, the interface went back to normal again.

Anyone has any idea what is going on? How can I enable Raytracing features without affecting how my interface interface looks?

Thanks!!

Does anyone why this is happening and how to fix it? I just updated a project from 4.24 to 4.27 and got this washed-out editor interface.

I don’t really know why this is happening, I tried updating the same project from 24 to 25, then to 26, and then to 27. It just breaks when updating to 27, breaking meaning the editor user interface gets washed out. It seems the color theme is messed up for some reason, but I don’t find the way to change the color themes in Unreal 4. I am updating several projects from 4.24 to 4.27 and thus far just this one got this error.

SOLUTION. I ended up making a new empty 4.27 project and migrating the levels from the washed-out project to the new project. Not ideal but at least it solves the issue.

That’s great to know! But this screen glitches I believe is because of GPU hardware and software intensity.

I 've seen color glitches in both new RTX and old GPUs.

Typically, this glitches happens when they used in their last capability. Then electors in their RAM or GPU will lose or acquire, as a result data will be corrupted

Thanks, Sab. In any case, it is definitely not the color theme as I thought, just checked it out in Editor Preferences and everything seems to be the default values.

This happened to me after I changed these project settings:

• Working Color Space - from sRGB to ACEScg
  • Frame Buffer Pixel Format - from 10bit RGB 2 bit alpha to Float RGBA
    Changing the frame buffer setting back fixed it but when I changed the settings again hoping to recreate the problem I couldn’t break it again. So YMMV.