while I am comfortable with UE4 and know many of the UE5 features from the announcement trailer, it is unclear to me what the differences and advantages are to dive into UE5, when compared to UE4.
I want to know what my projects could gain from upgrading to UE5. So here are a few questions, and perhaps you have some general advice?
- Is the latest UE5 (early August 2021) considered stable enough for a release?
- Are there obstacles or usage issues to consider?
- Is it relatively straight-forward to update to UE5, especially considering compatibilities of ie. extensions?
- Are there general immediate huge gains when switching to UE5?
- Are Market Place Assets - UE4 projects in general, usually considered compatible?
Thanks for your input!