Download

UE4 UWP 4.19 Build errors - /FU requires and argument

Hello there!

I am trying to build the latest version of UE4 4.19 from the release_UWP branch and I keep hitting the following errors both in VS15 and VS17. Looking through the forums, I have not been able to find the cause or a solution for any of these error codes.

D8004 - '/FU' requires an argument    UE4    ...4.19_UWP\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\cl

UBT ERROR - Failed to produce item: ...4.19_UWP\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-UWPDeviceDetector.lib    UE4 ...4.19_UWP\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\UnrealBuildTool

MSB3075 - The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.    UE4    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets

The steps I have taken since cloning the branch are:

1. Clone
  2. Modify Setup.bat to remove %~dp0 (this was causing an error with GetUWPDependencies.ps1)
  3. Run UE4.sln (Development Editor – Win64)
  4. Recieve errors

Any thoughts on where to start?

Thanks!

Install Universal Windows Platforms in VS2017 and select all Window Kits 10 (10.0.14393 until 10.0.17134) on sidebar