UE4 unable to write when packaging?

I’m trying to package my project and am receiving multiple instances of this error:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogWindows: Error: Error reentered: Fatal error: [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/CoreUObject/Private/UObject/SavePackage/SavePackageUtilities.cpp] [Line: 533]

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Could not write to G:/My Drive/Projects/Commercial/Kingdoms/Kingdoms/Saved/Cooked/WindowsNoEditor/Engine/Content/BasicShapes/Cone.uasset!

I think it says that it can’t make/edit files at the given destination, and I’m not sure how to change that. I tried running Unreal with administrator privileges and nothing changed.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I’m not sure if it matters, but my project is in a cloud drive (Google Drive), but that hasn’t caused any issues in the past.

do you use a source control?
perforce or github?
verify property of file in explorer (not read only)

I use GitHub for source control. And how do I verify the property of file in explorer?

with source control all file is readonly
on project folder , right click , property, uncheck read only (all files and folder) and try to recompil

1 Like

I’m trying to uncheck it, and when I do, it says “applying attributes to…” and supposedly sets all of the folders, subfolders, and files to not be read-only. But if I click “okay” and then right-click the folder and check its properties again, “read-only” has been re-checked. Do you know why this is?

Edit: Okay new question: I literally copied and pasted my project folder from my Google Drive to my local drive, opened it, and packaged it, and it worked, so I guess it was the Drive’s fault. I was surprised that I could open the copied-and-pasted project and it would work perfectly, but I don’t know if I continue developing the game, if copying and pasting it into my local drive will eventually cause an issue.

The problem is that I don’t really have enough local storage to develop my game, so I use Google One’s cloud storage. Do you know if there’s a way to work on Unreal on an external/cloud drive without these weird problems?

for security for your project (cloud or stockage), a lot develloper use perforce, it’s free limit to 5 users.
my team ,we use a perforce server (another computer in local) because the speed internet connection is slow.
you can use any hosting service (VPS, dedicated) for install perforce
i hope to answer to this new question