UE4 too heavy for common consumers?

Im testing since a month but the engine is too hungry. Even on a common 64 bit laptop its extremely jerky. impossible to play a simple game So the engine is only for hardcore gamers. And not for public usage like architectural Viz.

So specification of the computer has to be very high. Its a big drawback and for visualisation its defenitely not the right way.

Has anybody realized arch viz with Unreal? Not too heavy???

I have an average computer(i5-2300, 8GB RAM, GTX 670) and don’t have any problems with perfomance, you should understand, that next-gen engine has some requirements.

+1

I run UE4 games on 4850 so we’re safe, don’t worry. =)

PS: Oh And don’t forget. You are game dev. You and NV/AMD are partners. You help them sell their new cards, they help you make your game look awesome.

Mostly you can fix those lags with decreasing the quality settings: https://docs.unrealengine/latest/INT/Engine/Rendering/Scalability/ScalabilityReference/index.html (use console commands for that). Also make sure that you run your PC’s with the “high performance” power setting and the right gpu (especially when you use a laptop you should check if you use the good gpu) :slight_smile:

Thanks for clarifying.

I tried it on a centrino dual core. I hope this computer really outdated. So trying continues, with laptops of friends…

Thank you very much for your answer. I was giving up.

Thank you for the reply and the link.
My laptop is a centrino dualCore. He dont get it. I have to look for a better machine…

Yea I have to learn profiling und such things intensively.

But its a good link,

Thank you