UE4 source doesn't build correctly with Linking error

I am following this Guide with additional Informations from this Video, because the requierements for building are not that clear defined. I also glimpsed into this question, but my problem is a different one.

From my perspective I’ve setup everything accordingly to the tutorial and the video with one exception: I use VS 2019 at the moment.

The build starts fine but get interrupted with the follwoing Linking Errors:

Warnung	LNK4006	main ist bereits in "CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp.obj" definiert; zweite Definition wird ignoriert.	UE4	G:\GIT\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\CMakeCCompilerId.c.obj	1	

Warnung	LNK4006	main ist bereits in "CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp.obj" definiert; zweite Definition wird ignoriert.	UE4	G:\GIT\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\main.c.obj	1	

Fehler	LNK2005	main ist bereits in CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp.obj definiert.	UE4	G:\GIT\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\CMakeCCompilerId.c.obj	1	

Fehler	LNK2005	main ist bereits in CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp.obj definiert.	UE4	G:\GIT\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\main.c.obj	1

Fehler	LNK1169	Mindestens ein mehrfach definiertes Symbol gefunden.	UE4	G:\GIT\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\ResonanceAudio\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-ResonanceAudio.dll	1	

Fehler	MSB3073	Der Befehl "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Rebuild.bat -Target="UE4Editor Win64 Development" -Target="ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development -Quiet" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" wurde mit dem Code -1 beendet.	UE4	C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Enterprise\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets	51	

So I totally understand what the problem is, I am still not able to fix it because:

1. I didn’t wrote any code, which I could change.
  2. Even if I want to I am not able to fix the files, because they seem to be only existing while building

Any advice what I might did wrong?

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I’m running into the same problem right now. I guess I’ll download VS Studio 2017 and see if that fixes it…

Just did a fresh build but the same problem persists. Specifically for me these are the errors during build:

1>  [3774/4576] UE4Editor-ResonanceAudio.lib
1>CMakeCCompilerId.c.obj : warning LNK4006: main already defined in CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp.obj; second definition ignored
1>main.c.obj : warning LNK4006: main already defined in CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp.obj; second definition ignored
1>     Creating library E:\Projekte\UnrealEngine\Engine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\ResonanceAudio\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\ResonanceAudio\UE4Editor-ResonanceAudio.lib and object E:\Projekte\UnrealEngine\Engine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\ResonanceAudio\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\ResonanceAudio\UE4Editor-ResonanceAudio.exp

1>  [4288/4576] UE4Editor-ResonanceAudio.dll
1>CMakeCCompilerId.c.obj : error LNK2005: main already defined in CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp.obj
1>main.c.obj : error LNK2005: main already defined in CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp.obj
1>     Creating library E:\Projekte\UnrealEngine\Engine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\ResonanceAudio\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\ResonanceAudio\UE4Editor-ResonanceAudio.suppressed.lib and object E:\Projekte\UnrealEngine\Engine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\ResonanceAudio\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\ResonanceAudio\UE4Editor-ResonanceAudio.suppressed.exp

1>E:\Projekte\UnrealEngine\Engine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\ResonanceAudio\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-ResonanceAudio.dll : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found

So at least in my case, it appears to be an issue with the ResonanceAudio plugin.

Hello did you find a solution? I have the same issue here:(.