UE4 on a8-3520m laptop?

Was wondering if UE4 could run on my laptop for on the go mobile development. I have a amd a8-3520m @ 1.6/2.5ghz x4 and 4gigs of ram.

From Frequently Asked Questions - Unreal Engine

What are Unreal Engine 4’s system requirements?
Here’s what we recommend to get started developing with UE4 right now.

Desktop PC or Mac
Windows 7 64-bit or Mac OS X 10.9.2 or later
Quad-core Intel or AMD processor, 2.5 GHz or faster
NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX or AMD Radeon 6870 HD series card or higher
8 GB RAM

So you are well under the recommended specs, but I guess you knew that. Have a look at this thread, to see how various computers fare. It’s the official thread for this problem.

Well I did a test and got it to run the fps template at 25-30fps. I’m sure that if I were to populate my scene with anymore fancy models my fps would be 0. I guess laptops were never meant for anything outside of word processing & internet searching.

Yes UE4 does no hardware block, it will run any PC, question is how fast. Absolute minimum is Shader Model 4.0 GPU (people call those DX10 GPU, but GPU don’t have DirectX :p) as UE4 don’t have DX9 renderer and some SEE version probably but thats not a problem even for old CPUs now days

As long as you have a quad core CPU and a decent video card Unreal will run good it seems.

I was running an older processor for a while which only had 2 cores. UE4 was almost unusable since every few minutes it would recompile shaders and that took two minutes. Normally, it would be a background process or something if you have a quad core system, and you wouldn’t even notice it. So, quad core is required.

I have 8Gb of ram. I’m starting to find its not enough, though its workable. 16Gb would be better. If you run Visual Studio, photoshop, UE4, chrome, perforce, and other apps, you’re gonna eat up a lot of memory. 4Gb just isn’t gonna cut it.

Yeah the requirement is way higher if you multitask. Having VS open at the same time is a must for those that don’t use blueprint.