UE4 on 32-bit windows OS ?

Hey guys, I just did a quick format to my C: partition and did install the 64-bit OS, everything’s up and working and I started UE4 to finally get a feel of what the hek thing is :slight_smile:
although it runs kinda slow but suffice to say I’m satisfied with it for the learning process.
as for the RAM, I believe I SHOULD be able to add more RAM but not quite sure 100%, I will check specs for that. In the meantime I’m happy to get thing and I’m starting from scratch to learn everything maybe eventually I could make the awesome game I always wanted.

EDIT: also, thanks for the support! and everyone else.

No problem!
If you can see the inside of your computer’s case, look if there are any empty RAM slots and how many RAM sticks are already there.

Just to follow on from Jackys last post, cpu-z will show you which mem slots are used and by what ram type and how many are available, also the mainboard model is shown and you should be able to google the info on upgrade ram and types available for your board.

UE4 required quite a powerful PC to run well. Especially so if you want to have other useful program opened, like your 3D apps, Photoshop…internet.

You do not need a breast to run UE4 for learning purpose, but once you start make a working game, & as the game get larger, it can get quite choppy. Its definetely worth getting more ram & a good video card if you can afford.

Yes! diffenetly … right now I’m a total beginner, I don’t think I would be needing a new pc for another couple of months atleast! atm I’ll focusing on learning the engine to be a pro at it, then I will assemble a team in order to implement any game plans I had in the past. I could maybe add another 4GB RAM temporarly to easen stuff up for now, but diffenetly I will buy a new and much stronger pc if I ever to make something serious with UE4.

@Madmarv - just upgrade your Windows to 64bit. Your machine is capable of running 64bit versions.

Then you can run the editor.

How I wish I can assemble a team. I am a one man Army for now. Art/code/level/story/design, everything!

As an automotive engineer, the people I know that I can find either do not have the tech/art skill, or the interest to work on a game. best I can ask for is feedback on my game.

I do try to outsource some tasks, like 2D art work, which I am not so fantastic.

Just learning the hard way working on an older machine. So NO way to get it running on a 32 bit OS? Also, I wanted to chime in that if you buy Windows 8, it comes with both 32 and 64 bit versions.

Desculpe Epic Games, mas terei que dizer que o sistema de vocês e horrível, um PC de 16GB de memoria RAM? O que e isso? Vai querer um PC da NASA também? Alias, vocês deveriam disponibilizar para sistema 32 Bits, pois facilitaria o desenvolvimento de jogos de impressas pequenas, como a minha! Epic Games, novamente desculpas, mas terei que ir para o Unity, infelizmente!

It’s been more than 10 years since Windows updated to 64-bit, if you’re not using a 64-bit system by now then that’s your own problem, the 2GB limit is way too small these days for most apps especially for development.

hight my name is musa i am looking ue4 win 7 32

I Have a Multiple Os System So I’m Able To Run It I Have A Xeon Processor Too I Also Looked It Up Your Processor Is Able To Run 64bit And 32bit So You Just Need An Upgrade And I Did Read All The Other Comments Too