UE4 not recognizing my Xbox Series X controller

I have a Wooting One keyboard (that acts as both digital and analog) and a Xbox Series X controller. I know for sure Wooting One uses Xinput for analog purposes as well as the Xbox series X controller.

While testing the gameplay with the default mannequin, the keyboard works (both in digital and analog mode); however, the Xbox Series X controller does not respond; I cannot hover the camera nor can I move my mannequin.

In Project Settings under Maps & Modes I have Skip Assigning Gamepad to Player 1 checked on and off, controller does not respond.

Furthermore in Project Settings this time under Input I already assigned the MoveForward and MoveRight axis to Gamepad Left Thumbstick Y-Axis and X-axis. Still the Xbox controller is not responding.

• Is there a better way to get UE4 to recognize the Xbox controller? Other than uninstalling drivers and reinstalling them.
  • How do you assign player numbers to peripherals that utilize Xinput in UE4 and/or Windows 10? I searched, but could not find any straight answer yet.

To get UE4 to recognize the controller I have to run Wootility -> Settings then enable “Disable Xinput”.

This is advice from a Wooting team member that I have e-mailed to.