UE4 Music (Track) Switching Level Blueprint Trouble

Hello, I have been having an issue blueprint with creating a system that switches tracks when an event fires off (generator gets turned on). So I switched it to a trigger volume to see if I could get it to work regardless however what I would like to happen is that when the player hits the generator start button, generator starts up and the ambient track fades out and the battle track fades in. However the current issue is that no matter what do both tracks always play at the same time and don’t follow the line of logic I have set up for it.

Heres a screenshot of the level blueprint:

Im sure its a simple solution I am just not thinking of currently, if anyone has any advice or anything that would be fantastic! I’ve been working on this for the past couple weeks with no success. I was trying to make this work with an interface but when it comes to selecting a target to send the message to (even though I have the interface on both the level blueprint itself and the object sending the message) I can’t seem to find any sort of reference to the level blueprint so I can set that as the target.

EDIT 2:

Trying a different setup with the level blueprint thats supposed to get an interact message from the generator blueprint (which also turns on the lights once its on):

New Level Blueprint Setup:

However it still won’t switch, and the Event GenIsOn in the level blueprint never fires with breakpoint. Is there a special way to reference the level blueprint inside a regular actor blueprint thats placed inside the level? Thanks again for any and all advice/help! :smiley:

EDIT:
I do have 2 audio cues placed in the level for the ambient and battle track, I deleted all the code in the level blueprint so it seems the issue is with the sound cues?

I ended up going with a different approach and solving it! Huzzah! So instead of using the level blueprint I opted for a simple actor I can place inside the level and manually switch the tracks on a per level basis.

1 Like