UE4 monetization integration

Hi guys,

digging the docs I see that a lot is still WIP in the Online Subsystem, but in my understanding all major platforms will be there. What I cannot see, not even at an embrional stage, is an interface to monetization systems, payment processing and cross-promotion systems. Any hint about this subject?

Thanks,
Pino

So… no one?

We are still iterating on our backend online systems, especially in regards to monetization services. If there’s specific features you’re interested in we’d love to have your feedback to help us prioritize what’s important to focus on initially.

Hello Ray, Thanks for answering :slight_smile:

Beside the usual In-App-Purchase stuff, the most important origin of revenue is a trio of services: Applovin + Chartboost + RevMob. These three represent 75% of our earning (it’s the same for most indies), so their implementation is paramount to use UE4 to deploy on iOS and Android. In addition to those, Fuseboxx is another we use a lot on mobile.

I know that we could start producing plugins for that, but, beside the fact that it’d be great to have them out of the box, reading the forum I see that there are crashes trying to work with C++ to Java implementations (necessary for Android), so anything you are able to give us in the enginr itself would be really a great jump-start :wink:

Thanks!
Pino

Hey Pino, I wanted to follow up and let you know that we’re looking at integrating a service in the near future so keep an eye out. This will also ensure that our plugin API is well suited for these types of services which should make future integrations easier to build/maintain.

Will this support micro transactions then?

Nice to hear that! It will be cool to have an “example” to follow :slight_smile:

P.S. - I’m working on Chartboost integration right now, and will share it when it will be done

Nice! How is your progress?