UE4 Mobile Tilt Camera Control - Gyroscope

Hello!

I am trying to get my UE4 project to control a camera in a scene using my android phones gryoscope. I want the player to be able to look around a scene using the phone to control the cameras direction.

Obviously I found my way to the Input Motion State get node and I am currently using the Tilt function in the set up I have almost working well. Using the axis value from the tilt event I was able to get smooth and accurate pitch movement on my camera, but the yaw movement doesnt work correctly.

I am not sure if I am misunderstanding the return value and using it incorrectly, or maybe there are some basic mathematical principles I am overlooking when it comes to mapping the rotation. Either way I wondered if anyone has any experience here and could point me in the right direction?

The nodes in the screenshot gives me good pitch control but the yaw is sluggish and inaccurate. I have added extra code to mitigate the effect but I havent got it feeling nice to control yet.

Should Tilt be used for the gryoscopic mapping effect I am trying to achieve? Gravity gave me variables I was unsure how to read and rotation rate and acceleration didnt seem right either. I am 80% of the way there with Tilt but like I say, Yaw movement isnt working how I expect.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks kindly,

Any help is appreciated!

*EDIT
I added in a GIF, which is hard to see, but its from a video on device of my looking around my kitchen at each point forward, back, left, right etc. Right now my system is functional but I need to figure out an improved implementation to get it feeling better to control.

299239-demogif.gif

Very interesting, and something I may need help on also, in the near future.

Have you had any luck in solving this?