UE4 micro freeze every few seconds after changing power supply

I’ve recently changed my power supply to a stronger one and since that my editor freezes for like one tick every 3 seconds. I’ve tried reinstalling the editor and also installing it to another hdd or ssd but nothing changed.
Its a small but very annoying experience and it’s keeping me from continuing my work.

My specs:
CPU: amd fx 8320
GPU: nvidia gtx 1660 (6gb)
RAM: 24gb

all my drivers are up to date including my bios

The same problem 1 month did not open UE4, updated the driver, rearranged UE4. and still freeze. here is an example of a clean scene on youtube micro freeze 3 seconds - YouTube

The same problem 1 month did not open UE4, updated the driver, rearranged UE4. and still freeze. here is an example of a clean scene on youtube micro freeze 3 seconds - YouTube

yes this is exactly whats going on! please let me know if you find any fixes!

I’m having the same issue, but I haven’t changed any hardware. I posted it here:, and there is a link inside to another similar question. Take a look, maybe it’ll help you somehow.

Does your FPS drop in such moments? Have you tried launching UE 4.24.3? Because in my case 4.24.3 seems to work fine, but 4.25.3 stutters.

Hello everyone today installed a clean operating system. Lag is gone! In my case, the problem was solved by reinstalling Windows 10 to a clean one =) I wish you good luck =)

Good for you. I did it two days ago – formatted my C:\ drive and installed Win 10 from scratch. Didn’t help =(

maybe microsoft c++ components lag but i couldn’t find root-cause. but i follow this post!

I recently upgraded to windows 11 22H2 and I had exactly the same problem as seen in the video by @KiritoKazama. In my case I have an Nvidia graphics card and I solved it by doing the following:

• go here Controladores oficiales | NVIDIA
  • look for the model of your graphics card
  • download and install it
  • restart the computer
  • uninstall the drivers from control panel
  • restart the computer
  • install the same drivers again
  • restart the computer again

That’s all, also I’ve added unreal engine as a game using the xbox game bar, but I did it before doing all of the steps listed above and didn’t work. didn’t work reinstalling the drivers from Nvidia GeForce Experience. I had to download the drivers even having these, because in first place I could’t do from control panel, windows simply did nothing when asked to uninstall the drivers.

Hope it helps ^^