UE4 Is Crashing Way Too Much

I know this is not really a solution, but the editor never crashes when I use my 32GB system, while it crashes once in a while while using my 16GB system. Could be memory leaks, inefficient operations being executed, or pre allocated subsystem buffers overflowing. All speculation, just my 2 cents.

32GB here too though still it can crash/will.

Do you have the error logs for the crash. I’ve generally found it quite stable other than when I’ve done something stupid. I see you’re using blueprints, which I don’t use very often but it’s possible that one of your blueprints is attempting to do something it shouldn’t and UE4 is unable to handle it gracefully.

You should have a look through your project and see if there are any culprits. It might come down to disabling blueprints (probably by disconnecting nodes from entry points) systematically to see if the editor becomes more stable.

Clean new BPs, even one not inheriting from anything, makes no difference. Same with clean new projects. A simple folder operation (with no assets of any kind in them) can cause it to crash. Asset management is just over-complicated and causes issues. Simple file-based management would be a dream at this point. Looking into migrating to Unity. Removed Rant