I’m working with Unreal Engine since ~2010 with the UDK and noticed a massive drop in quality of UE4 over the last updates. I’m running UE4 on 4 different PC’s, some with fresh installed Windows and everything up to date.
UE4 worked fine for me until ~4.20 and then issues started to arise. Every new version since then became more unstable. No matter if in Empty, Template or fully developed projects. UE4 is frequently crashing.
- added frequent crashes across all activities I’m doing within UE4
- Start up movies no longer worked on Nintendo Switch
- more crashed added
- Dedicated Server won’t register anymore which worked before in older UE4 versions
- Audio on Xbox One broken if updated a project, required massive rework and research
- Game will randomly crash on Playstation 4
- Increased memory load on Nintendo Switch -> Bad performance
- Broken Steam integration on upgraded project, Dedicated Servers no longer listed on Steam (worked before)
- Deleting a file in UE4 (no matter if used or unused) will instantly result in a freeze and later in a crash
As I said this is running on 4 different systems with source build UE 4 with and without plugins. Turning UE4 into more or less useless and not reliable at this point. I don’t know whats going on with the development on UE 4 but I would highly request a stop in adding new features and a “repair” update instead of UE4.25.