UE4 Future Features

Hi Everyone i am so happy to be part of this forum and one of the great Game Dev Engine in the world. I just wonder what do you think if UE4 will be great enough to develop some racing or sky fighting games? Will look forward to your responses.

Definitly aspecially sky one i could see that done even in UE3 :slight_smile: if engine missing something or it’s bad in something you can always improve that as there source code.

agree with ,i don’t see any reason for UE4 to not be designed for those kind of game.

Thanks that gives me more will to go for UE4 :slight_smile:

I am running the UE4 on my new MacBook Pro 15’ Retina with 2.3Ghz Inter Core i7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 which is the late 2013 release. But it is kinda laggy do you guys think it is due to the Processor? and I wonder if UE team is going to lower the requirements to smoothly run the engine?
Thanks.

There is already a racing game created by Epic which we, as the BETA testers were given, but unfortunately it isn’t (and maybe will never be) available for you guys yet! So anygame is possible, you’re the only limitation as to what you create.
You could build in theory GTATurrismoCallOfCreed if you have enough imagination :cool:

Laggy on my PC too, especially the packaged games for “Windows”. You can notice micro lagging, which would be quite annoying if I didn’t know that this engine is only in its early childhood life ;).
So just give it some time. I think atm they just have huge performance optimization issues all over the place and rather targeted the ultra-high-end PC segment. Currently, my GTX670 and Ivy Bridge Quad Core seem to be on the low end borderline of this engine. I don’t expect this to change and I don’t want to either. It’s supposed to be a next-gen engine. But still I think they have a lot of work to do, especially when looking at mobile for instance, to optimize more.

We do plan to provide a template and sample game for wheeled vehicles! It’s not quite at the point we are happy with yet, probably in a couple of months. Flying can be simpler, we want to do that as well.

Yeah actually i agree that it is supposed to be a next-gen engine. So You mean anyway the hardware requirements to run the engine smoothly won’t be lowered, pointing that the current hardware is going to be enhanced later to support next-gen engines?. :slight_smile:

I’m surprised you’re having lag with that rig, I have something very similar, an IB i5 at 3.5ghz, a 2GB GTX 760 (stock), and 8GB of RAM, I can run the demo FPS map at 60 FPS with all of the graphics settings on epic.

I’m also surprised. This is my config: i5-3570K @3.40, GeForce GTX 660Ti 2Gb, 16Gb RAM, windows 7 and everything runs smoothly, from 60 to 120 fps. For example, the shooter game: 70-90 fps - reflections demo: constant 60 fps - ninja: constant 120 fps.

I suggest they add few presets for shortcuts, or viewport navigation.
UE its similar to maya, but I suggest they add “3d max preset” as well, or some other popular modeling tools.
so if you switch among the programs, you have a similar navigation process.

keywords: UE, maya, 3d max, viewport, navigation, presets.

Hmm am i being wrong then that i have Macbook Pro 15’ Retina with 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7 (which is the latest on macbook pro retina intel iris i guess), 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB and it still runs laggy with even mobile sample simulation on my laptop?