UE4 Freezing with not much in scene

Hey everyone,

I am at an absolute loss. I have packed UE4 materials from Substance Painter and only one low poly model in my scene but half way through applying the textures to the materials (sometimes just after opening) my UE4 is completely freezing and crashing my entire computer. This is happening multiple times.

• I have tried to uninstall + re-install the software (4.25)
  • My original file started showing bits of the UI icons all pixelated and wiped out so thought maybe my file was
    corrupt and I needed to start again
  • Ensuring all nodes are connected to the right path with normals, roughness, metallic, ambient, opacity and world
    tessellation for displacement on some items
  • Make sure the Roughness, Metallic and Normal textures have sRGB switched off and changed to linear grayscale,
    colour is RGB with the default compression and set to colour
  • Model isn’t very high in Poly’s
  • Textures are set to 4k because the player will be close up
  • Textures exported as Targa 8 Bit in Substance
  • Mac Specs are: 3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel, 64GB 2666 MHz DDR4, Graphics 8GB

I was really excited about project and only have a matter of weeks to pull it together in which I don’t seem to be getting anywhere and I just can’t understand why. Am I doing something wrong? SP and Maya both run fine and I ensure all other programs are quit before running UE4.

I also can’t get my plugin for Substance Painter to work even though it’s installed. I open a fresh new substance screen, go to send mesh from UE4 to SP and it turns my whole mesh black along with corresponding IDs and doesn’t open in SP?

Any insights on this is greatly appreciated as this is beyond stressful and slowing my project progress down immensely.

Cheers

Logs: Dropbox - UE4 Problems-20200920T001801Z-001.zip - Simplify your life