UE4 freezes my TV [IPTV]

Hey,
Since the first version of Unreal Engine, every time I open UE4, the televisions frezzes 30 seconds, every 3 minutes. My television receives signal from a Box (IPTV), from PT Telecomunicações (www.meo.pt ). Now I formatted my computer and I installed latest UE4 again, but the same problem remains.
Thanks!

Hey Jakuya,

Is the TV freezing, or is your computer freezing? Does it freeze exactly every 3 minutes? If the freeze is that consistent, it’s possible you are seeing these freezes when the engine autosaves. You can turn off autosaves by going to Edit->Editor Preferences->Loading and Saving and unchecking “Enable AutoSave”.

Does this freeze happen even if you are not doing anything, in an empty project?

Is the TV freezing, not my computer. I will try disable AutoSave, but yes I tested with an empty project.

PC Specs:
i5 4690k 4.2Ghz
R9 280x
8GB 1600Mhz
840 Evo - 250Gb

Hi Jakuya,

Can you please let us know the brand, model, model number, resolution and refresh rate of the TV? Also, what kind of video cable are you using (vga, dvi, hdmi, display port, etc)?

I see that your video card is not listed in your specs, could you include an attachment of your full DXDiag?

Any additional information may help us to investigate the problem.

I have two televisions (one by Scart and the other by HDMI) but both receives signal from the TV Box. I already tried an empty project and with autosave disable but still the same. Thanks!
DXDiag

If the TV is freezing, that means the problem is in the software of the TV box. We don’t officially support those, unfortunately. If you plug the computer directly into the TV (bypassing the box), it should fix the problem, but we can’t account for the software in the box and so we can’t guarantee compatibility.

Yes! But the TV and the TV Box is in other room, doesn’t have anything to do with my computer and my monitor. I guess is some connection/port that UE4 does! Thanks!

Hi,
I’m having also the same problem with the epic games client.
Every time i launch the client (nothing downloads on the client or PC) my TV starts crashing. My TV is connected to a tvbox that os connected to the router (). I already tried to solve this problem by reading 3 similar posts on the fórum but with no success. Changing the Numbers on the engine file also made no Diference. I also limited the download to 30kb.s with Netbalancer but the client isnt evento downloading anything.

What can i do ?