I posted a message before about this issue here, but I wasn’t sure of what was going on and it didn’t illustrate my problem correctly. I’m reposting my issue in General because it’s no longer related to ArchViz.
The problem is exactly what it says in the tittle, I just returned from lunch and I left the VR template project open to confirm it once again, when I returned, UE4 was not responding. This makes it impossible for me to bake lights during the night (which is essential).
- It happens with both the screen on and off.
- I have the latest drivers
- Windows 10 with latest updates
- Computer energy options are correct, and it won’t sleep, no screensaver
- If I am using the computer (even during bakes + a bunch of other softwares), the problem doesn’t show up
2x GTX 980 Ti
Without proper knowledge on the subject, I suspect it’s because of windows 10, maybe it’s a placebo, but I’m thinking about doing one of two things:
1 - Clean Windows 10 install
2 - Clean Windows 7 install
Hoping that the problem would go away.
I’ve searched a lot but I can’t even find references to similar situations, a couple of friends also suspect that windows 10 might be the cause, but how can one know for sure?
I hope someone could help me solving this, let me know if there’s any useful information I may provide.
Thanks in advance