UE4 editor in play mode crashed computer

I have 3 bug report folders archived to submit and will post them as 3 separate reports. I had just started using the UE4 Editor and I was really unorganized about this at the time, so I don’t remember what I was doing at the time of each crash and this was several days ago. If I remember correctly, a couple crashes were using the release binary and one is from a build I compiled using xCode. Hopefully the logs will make this clear.

.zip 1:

link text

Hello ,

First off I would like to thank you for the information that you provided. However, I have a few question that will help narrow down what it is that is causing your crash.

Quick questions:

1. What version of the Engine are you using?
  2. Can you reproduce the the crash in a clean project?
  3. If you can reproduce this issue, can you provide accurate steps to reproduce the issue?
  4. Can you use Apple System Profiler or dxdiag to provide us with your machines specifications?
  5. Are you receiving any errors?
  6. If you are receiving errors, can you provide them?

Hi Rudy, I have provided info from several places at the request of one of your colleagues.

I’m not really willing to try and reproduce the crashes under OSX because one of them shut off my computer as if the power cable had been pulled. That can damage the hard drive so I won’t be using OSX version of UE4 anymore, (Not unless you want to send me a computer specifically for testing! :slight_smile: )

So far, I’ve only had one crash under Windows and the crash reporter worked fine for that so I think there is not too much of an issue there.
I think that one can easily be reproduced since it happened under OSX and also under Windows. Here are the details from that one. https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/144556/bug-reportcrash-log-submit.html

Hello ,

After looking through the links you provided it seems as though this issue is already being handled by and so I will be closing this as a duplicate of the following issue:

UE4 editor in play mode crashed computer - Platform & Builds - Epic Developer Community Forums

Make it a great day

sorry for the mess here. I was actually trying to file three separate bug reports for three separate incidents but I had forgotten that I started this page with all three archived together. :slight_smile: I’ll try to keep things organized properly in the future.