UE4 Editor Build Errors and Setup Failure

So I got the current build from Github, unpacked it, changed the UE4Editor.Target.cs to contain the 2 relative lines to enable Chaos Destruction, ran the setup.bat, ran the GenerateProjectFiles.bat and then opened up the UE4.sln. in VS2019 and ran the build, this took quite a few hours but when it got to a finishing point it threw some errors regarding not being able to initiate the Chaos destruction interface in the build process and that was the end of it.

I can’t find the output log anymore for some reason but I plan on trying to run the build again and I will update this post with the errors I get, if it fails again.

My questions are many, starting with has anyone else encountered this issue with enabling Chaos? Also I have a recurring issue with the Setup.Bat where a pull directiory is throwing an error for too long of a filename path, from Epic’s side as seen below.

Setup.Bat Error:

Failed to download 'http://cdn.unrealengine.com/dependencies/UnrealEngine-4358751-16521f530c414728b289dbb71f593410/80c1ba699c3de9b0950a5521e587025e7f85f8bb': The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters. (PathTooLongException)

Visual Studio Errors:

Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error    C2027    use of undefined type 'Chaos::FPhysScene_ChaosInterface'    UE4    E:\Game Project\Unreal Engine Source\UnrealEngine-release\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\GeometryCollectionEngine\Private\GeometryCollection\GeometryCollectionComponent.cpp    1949    

Error    MSB3075    The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat -Target="UE4Editor Win64 Development" -Target="ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development -Quiet" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.    UE4    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets    44    

Error    C2664    'uint32 FindFaceIndex(const FHitLocation &,const FVector &)': cannot convert argument 1 from 'ChaosInterface::FSweepHit' to 'const FHitLocation &'    UE4    E:\Game Project\Unreal Engine Source\UnrealEngine-release\Engine\Source\Runtime\PhysicsSQ\Public\SQVerifier.h    286    

Error    C2440    'initializing': cannot convert from 'FPhysScene *' to 'Chaos::FPhysScene_ChaosInterface *'    UE4    E:\Game Project\Unreal Engine Source\UnrealEngine-release\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\GeometryCollectionEngine\Private\GeometryCollection\GeometryCollectionComponent.cpp    1948    

Error    C2039    'GetScene': is not a member of 'FPhysScene_PhysX'    UE4    E:\Game Project\Unreal Engine Source\UnrealEngine-release\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\GeometryCollectionEngine\Private\GeometryCollection\GeometryCollectionComponent.cpp    1952    

Error    C2789    'FaceIdx': an object of const-qualified type must be initialized    UE4    E:\Game Project\Unreal Engine Source\UnrealEngine-release\Engine\Source\Runtime\PhysicsSQ\Public\SQVerifier.h    286    

Well the filename path issue is likely on your side, use a very short base path when installing Unreal, like c:\dev\Myproj. Unreal Engine 4 contains extremely long pathnames, if you add any significant amount to those, it will fail on the 260 Windows limit.

Did you figure this out? I am having the same issue, I downloaded the mentioned file manually but no idea where it gets built to.