UE4 Download

Hello All,
Please how can i pause UE4 download in epic games launcher and resume after shut down or restart my pc

You can pause download using pause button. When you shut down your pc no power is going to the cpu, motherboard, harddrive (Your computor is off) so you can’t install anything. Depending on your epic games settings you might be able to download engine on restart. But im not sure as I have not looked throught the settings.

Thanks for the support i’ve gotten a way to pause UE4 download and resume after shutdown:

1. After pausing open task manager by pressing Ctrl+shift+ESC key
  2. Under processes click on Epic games launcher and end task.
  3. After shutdown or restart of your PC before opening the launcher go to the download directory of UE4 and rename from UE4.26 to UE4.26a.
  4. Now open the launcher you will see install instead of resume in the UE library now click install and choose the exact components you choose the first time and click install when it’s start installing go to the download tab and click cancel X now you will see resume
  5. Without exiting the launcher Now go back to the UE4 download directory you will see a new folder with the name UE4.26 and UE4.26a now delete UE4.26 folder and rename UE4.26a to UE 4.26 and click resume and your download will resume successfully.
1 Like