UE4 Cutting between levels with virtual production seamlessly

Is there a way to have one continuous camera move on set where we could cut between different scenes/levels in UE4?

Example:
Camera moves around a real car on set. The camera’s data is synced on multiple scenes, and we can cut from scene A the woods, to scene B, a desert. So in-camera cuts, not cuts done in post.

Hi Stewart Rosburg
I don’t know if I understood correctly
If you make A level and B level consecutively in one camera
It is possible if you make a big level called C and put A and B in it to make a sequence.

Apologies as I’m new to the UE lingo and the concept is a bit difficult to explain.

I think a better way to ask it would be:
For a virtual production shoot, would it be viable to have different landscapes loaded into their own groups, then simply animate between visibility of let’s say a desert scene, then turn the desert visibility off and a snow landscape visibility on? Or is there a better way to load different scenes and switch between them instantly and in realtime (meaning no loading time)?

Hello StewartRosburg

If so, I think the method I said works well. I used the above method when using LEDs in virtual production. Assuming that the Persistent Level is A level (desert) and B level (snow mountain) in the level tab in UE4’s Windows, if you include A and B levels in the Persistent Level and create a LEVEL sequence, you will be able to load it directly without loading it in the sequence.

I’m sorry I can’t speak English well

No problem. That helped a lot. thank you!

1 Like

I am tasked with trying to accomplish the same thing. A driving scene on LED volume where the level sequencer plays out a keyframed actor moving the ndisplay config through Level A environment and crossfading into Level B environment seamlessly if the paths of the keyframed actor on the roads are the same. Where you able to achieve this?

Is there anyway to dissolve between level visibility in the sequencer?

Hi Timizims11

you want dissolve between level?

Yes, trying to run 2 levels that have same actor keyframed position and dissolve in/out visibility between levels

Hi Timizims11

Doesn’t the way I said above work?
(If so, I think the method I said works well. I used the above method when using LEDs in virtual production. Assuming that the Persistent Level is A level (desert) and B level (snow mountain) in the level tab in UE4’s Windows, if you include A and B levels in the Persistent Level and create a LEVEL sequence, you will be able to load it directly without loading it in the sequence.)