UE4 crashs on launched

I was add a LightmassCharacterIndirectLightVolume to scene and i want to rename it to a shorter name, it crashed. and then i restart editor, it won’t success. i delete Saved folder after first crashed. someone can help me ?

i built a new project and move everything to it, when i open the EnterMap( is default Map in before project ), it will Crashed, i think it is something happend in my EnterMap, i just did drop a LightmassCharacterIndirectLightVolume in to the scene, and it crashed during saving.

Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

"Assertion failed: InPos<=Size [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\HAL\FileManagerGeneric.cpp] [Line: 589]
"

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:374]
UE4Editor_Core!FArchiveFileReaderGeneric::Seek() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\core\private\hal\filemanagergeneric.cpp:590]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FUntypedBulkData::LoadDataIntoMemory() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\serialization\bulkdata.cpp:1303]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FUntypedBulkData::MakeSureBulkDataIsLoaded() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\serialization\bulkdata.cpp:1252]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FUntypedBulkData::Lock() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\serialization\bulkdata.cpp:469]
UE4Editor_Engine!FTextureSource::GetMipData() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\texture.cpp:691]
UE4Editor_Engine!FTextureCacheDerivedDataWorker::GetSourceMips() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\texturederiveddata.cpp:845]
UE4Editor_Engine!FTextureCacheDerivedDataWorker::GetBuildInfo() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\texturederiveddata.cpp:731]
UE4Editor_Engine!FTextureCacheDerivedDataWorker::Finalize() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\texturederiveddata.cpp:921]
UE4Editor_Engine!FTexturePlatformData::FinishCache() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\texturederiveddata.cpp:998]
UE4Editor_Engine!UTexture::FinishCachePlatformData() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\texturederiveddata.cpp:1707]
UE4Editor_Engine!UTexture2D::PostLoad() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\texture2d.cpp:356]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ConditionalPostLoad() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\obj.cpp:723]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!EndLoad() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:1286]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!LoadPackageInternal() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:1042]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Map_Load() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorserver.cpp:2388]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::HandleMapCommand() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorserver.cpp:5897]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Exec() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorserver.cpp:5391]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UUnrealEdEngine::Exec() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedsrv.cpp:743]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FEditorFileUtils::LoadMap() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\filehelpers.cpp:2014]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FEditorFileUtils::LoadDefaultMapAtStartup() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\filehelpers.cpp:3215]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FUnrealEdMisc::OnInit() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedmisc.cpp:299]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!EditorInit() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealed.cpp:86]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:133]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200]
UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:264]
kernel32
ntdll

Machine ID: 0E6055644C3E43DB660ACCA27FB26E2E

Hello Jason -

I have found the crash report, but am not able to currently reproduce the crash internally with the available information yet. Can you elaborate on what the initial project consisted of before the crash occurred?

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Hi, i built the new level and the first thing is drop a LightmassCharacterIndirectLightVolume to the scene, i don’t know somehow it didn’t crash, back the beginning, i just had a few static mesh about 36, a LightmessImportantVolume, PostProcessVolume, SkyLight, SkySphere, DirectionalLight, and a few SpotLight, i built light few times. did those things was meaningful to u? btw I have the Level file ( the crashed one ), it will be certain to crashed, u can debug when load it, any helpful?, if u need it, how to sent the file to u.

Hello -

If you can zip the Config, Content and Uproject File into a archive zip file and attach it here if it is smaller than 5MB or upload it to a site like Dropbox ro Google Drive and post a link here.

In the meantime I will continue testing with the new information -

Eric Ketchum

Hi again.

there is no Materials and StaticMeshs in the content folder, i think that does not affect the crashed problem.
the Engine version is 4.10.1 or 4.10.2

Hi Jason -

It looks like the project is a C++ project or built with a custom Source version of the engine. In either way, I will need the source in order to be able to open the project.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Hi Jason -

I wanted to ask, are you working on your project in a directory that is automatically synced to a dropbox? If so, try to stop syncing and see if the crash stops occurring.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

im sorry, a few days ago i was full in biz, sorry about i wasn’t respond the additional message when crash problem happend, so, i checkd u last message and i didn’t use any of version control like svn or dropbox. thanks for helping.

Did you happen to update the project with the source?

Hello Jason -

Just checking to see if you were able to add the source to the linked project, so I can help you debug it.

Thank You -

Eric Ketchum

Hello Jason -

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you -

Eric Ketchum