UE4 Crash when opening Remnant: from the ashes

Unhandled exception

Remnant_Win64_Shipping!TMulticastScriptDelegate::CompactInvocationList() [c:\teamcityagent\work\ee6be44a6235ecbc\engine\source\runtime\core\public\uobject\scriptdelegates.h:607]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!TBaseDynamicMulticastDelegate::__Internal_AddDynamic() [c:\teamcityagent\work\ee6be44a6235ecbc\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegatesignatureimpl.inl:1180]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!UMatchmaker::Init() [c:\teamcityagent\work\ee6be44a6235ecbc\remnant\source\remnant\online\matchmaker.cpp:147]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!UMatchmaker::execInit() [c:\teamcityagent\work\ee6be44a6235ecbc\remnant\source\remnant\online\matchmaker.h:181]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!UFunction::Invoke() [c:\ue4_tc\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:4644]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!UObject::CallFunction() [c:\ue4_tc\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:906]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!UObject::ProcessContextOpcode() [c:\ue4_tc\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:2314]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!ProcessLocalScriptFunction() [c:\ue4_tc\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:974]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!ProcessScriptFunction() [c:\ue4_tc\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:809]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!UObject::execLocalFinalFunction() [c:\ue4_tc\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:2441]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!ProcessLocalScriptFunction() [c:\ue4_tc\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:974]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!UObject::ProcessInternal() [c:\ue4_tc\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:1060]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!UFunction::Invoke() [c:\ue4_tc\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:4644]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!UObject::ProcessEvent() [c:\ue4_tc\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:1464]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!AActor::ProcessEvent() [c:\ue4_tc\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:775]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!AActor::BeginPlay() [c:\ue4_tc\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:3383]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!AActor::DispatchBeginPlay() [c:\ue4_tc\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:3344]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!AWorldSettings::NotifyBeginPlay() [c:\ue4_tc\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\worldsettings.cpp:250]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!AGameMode::HandleMatchHasStarted() [c:\ue4_tc\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gamemode.cpp:239]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!AGameMode::SetMatchState() [c:\ue4_tc\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gamemode.cpp:355]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!UWorld::BeginPlay() [c:\ue4_tc\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\world.cpp:3976]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!UEngine::LoadMap() [c:\ue4_tc\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:12444]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!UEngine::Browse() [c:\ue4_tc\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:11664]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!UGameInstance::StartGameInstance() [c:\ue4_tc\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameinstance.cpp:503]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!URemnantGameInstance::StartGameInstance() [c:\teamcityagent\work\ee6be44a6235ecbc\remnant\source\remnant\remnantgameinstance.cpp:121]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!FEngineLoop::Init() [c:\ue4_tc\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:3306]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMain() [c:\ue4_tc\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:157]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMainWrapper() [c:\ue4_tc\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:145]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!WinMain() [c:\ue4_tc\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:275]
Remnant_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [d:\agent\_work\1\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
kernel32
ntdll

I have tried updating my graphics drivers and downgrading them, not sure how to fix this exception error. Any help is appreciated.

I have the same problem, I hope someone can help us

So I just recently had this problem but I got a different error code. The same solution might help you.

If any project has enabled a certain Skin Cache setting on your PC it usually creates a .ini file in;

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Unreal Engine…

I don’t remember the exact file name or path name but It’s important to note that the folder is “Unreal Engine,” not “UnrealEngine,” of which there should also be a folder named as such. Deleting this entire folder fixed my issue as the only thing it contained was a .ini file with 2 lines. Seems like having a certain setting enabled crashes any game using ray tracing of any kind. This game seems to use screespace RT.

Not sure if this will help but it took me hours to find, Cheers!

I had the same problem. Unable to start Remnant at all. Crash at startup. Updated windows, updated drivers, nothing works. Already reinstall the game multiple times. Deleted %LOCALAPPDATA%\Remnant Nothing works.

If its a different error code, what makes you think this applies?

“So I just recently had this problem. . .” insinuates that I have the same symptoms and crashing. Just because you don’t like the answer doesn’t invalidate it. Unless you’re going to be constructive don’t comment.

I was playing normal by Epic, so I saw the Steam promotion and bought the complete game with DLCs, installed it by steam and the game doesn’t open anymore after that it gives this same error, I’ve done everything and the error continues, can anyone help?