UE4 corrupted MS office files

Very serious question, I’m in grave danger. I’ve got an external hard drive, which contains very important spreadsheets and other files. Today I tried accessing them and one folder was totally corrupted. There were xls, doc and pdf files there. PDF files can’t open at all, xls and doc are totally corrupted. I got very surprised when I opened a xls file and saw lines like this:
T_Background_D.uasset.1ˆx(1kiÍyv3×Î,ÑîÝ/×Î,ÑîÝ/×Ä~Ûyv3א’ eT_Background_Night_D.uasset-1pZ(1…
How the hell did UE4 corrupt my very important files? The only thing I did with the hard drive was I transfered a UE4 project to another computer. Why did UE4 corrupt only the newest folder? Is there a way to recover the files? I’m about to literally lose my job over this.

Hello,

We’ve made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

Thanks