UE4 - Can't connect Unreal Live link with iPhone X Live Link Face app?

I try to connect the iPhone X app - Live Link Face with UE4 but I have a problem. I connect everything from the tutorial and from Epic docs but still have a problem. Live link subject name doesn’t recognize my iPhone device. I put the IP address from my pc in-app but noting.

I’m using Windows 10, Face AR SAMPLE - default project from Epic Games - Learn category for Live Link Face app.

1 Like

You can ping IP.Notarize your conect is certitude

Try Turning on OSC in Livelink ios app

hi i have same problem. i try almost everything. pls write here step-by-step instructions how can i settings live link connect with UE 4.26. thanks

1 Like

hi, I hava same problem too. UE4.24, UE4.25, UE4.26, all of them can`t connect Unreal live link.

1 Like

I get it.
you can add ue4editor application to the windows defender white list.(public and private network)
it will works.

I get it.
you can add ue4editor application to the windows defender white list.(public and private network)
it will works.

Someone else came up with this.

First, my wireless NIC was mis-classified using the public profile and not the private profile; the latter allows the machine to be seen inside the local network.

Second, I had to open Advanced Settings in Windows Defender and add a new rule that allowed access to port 11111 via UDP from connections using the private network.

1 Like

Hello,

There are a ridiculous number of options here. Would it be possible to share some quick screenshots (blocking any private info.). I have been trying to figure this out for week. I had opened Windows Defender where it has checkboxes for Public and Private connectivity, but I only just encountered this other section you wrote of.

I am not using a NIC, so the second part is where I need help. Thanks!

I’m experiecing the same thing.
My iPhone just doesn’t show up in Live Link at all.

This worked for me in Unreal 5.2.1.:

1. turn off and restart wifi
  2. if your ip on iphone is slightly different from the one of computer, change it from ‘automatic’ to ‘manual’ on iphone under wifi settings and type in ip address and subnet mask showing on your computer
  3. reinstall live link app on iphone and of course readd ip address in the app