UE4 and 3D Modeling

I’m new to all this, so forgive the lack of perspective and knowledge. Does the Unreal Engine 4 give you the ability to generate 3D models and animation, or do you have to design and import those from other sources such as and Maya?

Although, technically you can sort of do it in Unreal, you are better off doing them in the two programs you mention (or MODO or Blender).

meshes -> with BSP brushes, but they are mainly used to prototype your level, so they will be replaced with meshes. They are easy to use, but the performance is not so good + you are just abel to create basic shapes with them
animations -> double click on a skeletal mesh in your content browser - in “persona” you will see a record button - click on it - move the bones - save the animation. But it’s pretty limited and it’s easier to do it in a 3d program :slight_smile:

Thank you both for your swift replies! The price tag on those 3D modelers is the main reason I wanted to know. I’m serious about learning, but I’m also not making a digital animator’s salary yet, so its quite the pill to swallow. But clearly I must do SOMEthing about it. Thanks again!

Blender is free. It’s what most Indies use.
://store.steampowered/app/365670/

There is also Wings3d! It is so easy! (No rigging sadly. :frowning: I have to do that in blender.)