UE4 + Ads = No

Hey,

So I’m trying to learn how to use ads in UE4 and I cant find any relevant documentation other than 2 Nodes that are absolutely useless without information on setting them up. Both Google Admob and UE4 give us garbage instructions pointing us to keys and IDs but dont actually talk about how the ■■■■■■■ thing works… What good is it? Can anyone help?

Bump.

Sorry if you were hoping for an answer OP. I’m stuck on the same boat. Did you ever figure it out?

1. go make a google dev console account and pay $25 for your game to be on the play store
  2. go make a google admob account (if you haven’t already)
  3. go make an adsense account (for admob)
  4. setup payment methods on all 3 of those and link them
  5. on admob you will get the ID to use in your game
  6. use a command prompt to generate a key (tutorial on ue4 documentation)
  7. install all necessary software (sdk, ndk, etc.) and make sure they’re properly set in the editor in project settings
  8. in ue4 project settings > android > accept licence, reconfigure for play store, enter the key from step 6, enter the ad ID from step 5
  9. also in project settings, you need a game ID (copy it from google dev console)
  10. you will not see any ads until your game is published, however a small blank area will pop up instead of it, for testing purposes
    optional:
  11. in-app purchases requires billing in project settings as well and a fail-safe setup so that the purchased item can be used in offline mode (use a save system for that)

This video has a lot of good tips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJG5qJpCCxU

And this one as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRhjTD7FIuI

1 Like

Thanks for this stepwise guide.

nuketheway,do u now know how to add ads to ur game?

I refered this video. But its 5 year old now.

Probably will work now as well.

But you can only use this for interstetial ads and Banner ads.

For others ads u will have to buy some sort of package from Unreal Engine Marketplace which cost around $50. Don’t remeber the name of it.

Answered in this other thread: Adding Ads to your mobile (iOS and Android) Game - #3 by ronm6667

hello, this is Bansh Games I make an Admob plugin name Bansh Ads for Unreal Engine. It also includes Mediation for Unity ads, Meta, Vungle, etc. It includes a feature for rewarded video ads also. and it’s FREE. check out this link → Bansh Ads .