UE4.7.5 crashing when creating a movie using Matinee

Hello, this is my first post in this forum and I hope I’m doing my question in the right place.

I’m using UE version 4.7.5 and I know how to create a camera and make a movie (I can do it in my laptop). But when I try to do the same thing in my desktop computer I get this crash all the time. I get a black window (the one to start to render the animation) then turns white and after that Unreal Engine just shut down.

I’ve been reading a lot about what this problem and I didn’t find any solution. The only thing I can see that is different between my laptop and desktop computer is the Microsoft Visual C++ version and the Microsoft .NET Framework version also, but I’m not sure if this is related to my problem.

Anybody knows what could it be?

My computer specs:
Intel i7 3.4
32 GB Ram
64 bits
windows 8.1
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980

Thank you!

When i try to make a movie, the game start screen is visible and it records my actions. However, i thought it would record your matinee movie. Additionally the export version (1980 res) creates a rediculous large export file size…over 150GB

@3dluis not sure whats causing you to crash, i have had this problem and the only way i found to fix it was a clean install of unreal and MS studio.
@unit23 select your matinee and click play on level load, that way when you render it out it will play and record it for you. 150gb files are normal as-well, mine record at about 1.9 GB/s at 4k and 1080 is around 500MB/s

Welcome!

Make sure to report your crash on answerhub + post your crash log (documents/unrealproject/project name/saved/logs/the file which gets generated after the crash) :slight_smile:
The big file size is because of the avi file type. You can reduce it when you render your movie as jpg files which you put together in a program like sony vegas or camtasia. -> unfortunately atm it’s not possible to change the output file to wmv or any other format (would be cool if somebody knows if it’s possible to change that in C++?) :frowning: https://answers.unrealengine/index.html