UE4.7.2 Material Editor Freeze Mac

Hello,
I use a 10.10.2 Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013 Macbook pro, and the material editor always freezes every time I use it.
It used to work fine, but now overtime i click on a material, it freezes and i have to force quit the editor.

Any help please?

Same problem on a Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013 MacbookPro. I have 8GB DDR3 or RAM and no other programs running, 2.6 GHz intel Core i5. I can apply “basic wall” “basic floor” and “platform” materials, but anything else my computer hangs with the hand dragging the material into the editor. It freezes for about 2 minutes, than the beachball shows up and in force quit it says “program stopped responding”. I am going to try a re-boot to see if that fixes it

edit: re-boot did not help

Hello Ansoker,

Thank you for your post. I attempted to reproduce this issue on my macbook internally and was not successful. It looks like we may need to gather a bit more information in order to narrow down the possibilities. If you wouldn’t mind could you go to :

and follow all of the instructions listed here. (some of these may seem very simple, but they will help to eliminate possibilities and narrow down the issue.) In addition to that info I have a couple of questions

1. which version of the editor are you running?
  2. did you install the editor from the Epic games app?
  3. where is the install location on your mac?

Any other information that you think might be helpful can be included as well. We can never have too much information about a bug.

Thanks,

Thank you for your response,

1. I am running Version 4.7.2-2467323+++depot+UE4-Releases+4.7 of the editor
  2. I did install the editor from the Epic Games App
  3. The install location on my mac is the applications folder.

Here are the debug logs:
link text

Hey Ansoker,

I have one more question for you before I submit a bug report. I am looking through the bug database to make sure that we are not creating a duplicate issue. I see several reports that mention crashes when copy/pasting nodes. Do you remember if you were attempting to copy/paste a node when the crash occured?

Thanks,

Thank you for your reply once again,
To answer your question, no.
I wasn’t trying to copy and paste a node.

Hi Ansoker,

Thanks for being so patient while I’ve been sorting this out. I checked against our backlog of bugs and I believe that this is a new bug that has not yet been reported. I have entered a jira ticket for the bug. The ticket number is UE-11864 for tracking. I have also made myself a watcher on this ticket so I will be notified when changes are made. I will make sure to keep you updated with changes as I get them.

Thanks again,

same problem on imac whith win 8 or yosemine. 4.7 UE4