Ue4.6 Experimental: Web Browser UI Widget?

where is Web Browser UI Widget in ue4.6?

bump because I would also like to know how to use this new feature

Any news???

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

I was able to locate it in code as SWebBrowser, but it is not exposed within the editor itself. This is because it is part of the developer code. It was realized by the UI programmers that this is a major problem, as the developer folder is not packaged with the game and it should not be for legal reasons.

I have informed them of the issue and they are now working on a solution. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will make an announcement once this is rectified.

Thank you,

Thank you.

What’s the status of this one? It’s pretty big deal to announce a feature, launch, then head right into the next version of the engine without including the feature that we forgot from the last version. Will it be back in 4.7?

According to the status of the ticket, it has been resolved and is scheduled to be integrated into the 4.7 release build (it was not in the early 4.7 previews) Let me know if you have any questions.

Are you sure its going to come, as of now no such widget is in the preview builds.

Ok, I tried to expose the slate widget to UMG, but it just doesn’t work. Really sure 4.7 won’t have a webbrowser widget:
http://www.fpaste.org/188993/24633671/raw/

When I drag the component into the viewport, instant crash.

Hi Eduard,

I was able to look into the issue and can see that the problem that was being reported here is resolved in 4.7, as the SWebBrowser has been relocated into the Runtime folder so it can be used again. However, even though it has been moved into the correct folder so that it will be able to be packaged properly, it has not been re-exposed in the editor. I have brought it up to other developers and found that it was decided that it needed some more changes and improvements in the newer versions before it could be exposed again.

Essentially the fix was to locate it into a folder that could be packaged legally, but did not include exposing it due to newer problems that were found. Once those errors are addressed, it will be in experimental once again. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hello ,
ok, so what are the issues as of now? Does it still cause editor crashes, or is it just some sort of restriction within the usage? I really would like to know if theres any option to get this running, because I don’t want to rely on third party tools such as BLUI.
Greetings, Ed

It looks like their concern was more that the way they would expose it could allow people to misuse the feature and cause crashes. The solution is to create a UMG Widget wrapper for it, which is now the plan. It may take some time to implement it however. Until then, the source code is available in the Runtime folder to be used. I hope that helps.

I dont think thats an acceptable answer, and I asked a new question, when we can see the SWebBrowser widget finally exposed in UMG in Unreal Engine:

Update, the UMG wrapper is now complete. It will be a built-in experimental plug-in for 4.8. It will appear in the pallet of your UMG Designer window.

Hi, i would like to add a question on the topic.

Is there a way to render this widget on an actor ?

Hi Stormsson,

As this topic has been resolved, can you open your new question as a different thread? This is to keep issues separate so that the users involved in this thread aren’t getting notifications for a resolved issue, and so that users can find the topic they’re looking for by searching for the question. Having more than one question in a resolved issue makes this more difficult.

Here’s the instructions on how to open a new thread. Thanks!

I tried 4.8, theres no Web Widget :frowning:

Hi.

Where I can find source code of the experimental Web Browser Widget?

I’ve looked https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/tree/master/Engine/Plugins/Experimental , but I can’t find Web Browser Widget in it…

Thank you.

Yep, I found it https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/tree/master/Engine/Plugins/Runtime/WebBrowserWidget

It’s like a plugin under project settings.