UE4 4.7.2 Random Freezing

Whenever I try to use version 4.7.2, it will ALWAYS freeze a minute or two in, even with just a blank level open. This means no response at all; no interacting with the program, and I have to go into the task manager. Any ideas on how to fix this? If more info is required, please ask, I’m not sure how much I can include here, it seems to be totally random.

Hello dantdj,
Thank you for your report. I am looking into this issue, but I might need a little more information in order to properly help. If you could would you go to this website:

and follow the instructions in the section titled: The Launcher fails to load, or crashes on load

once you have the documents needed just zip them up and attach them to a comment. After that I can look through the dxdiag and the logs and see if they match any bugs we already have in the database. If so i will let you know which bug is yours and we can track it from there. If your issue is not already in the system I will submit it and give you the tracking info in a comment. Hopefully we can get this worked out for you. Also if there is any additional information that you think is relevant feel free to include that as well.

Thanks,

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. This problem appears to have resolved itself; no more crashing is occurring. Would you still like me to attach the troubleshooting information?

Hello dantdj,

Thanks for the response. If you are not seeing the problem any more we don’t need to gather the troubleshooting info. If the issue comes back just post in this thread and I we will continue from there, otherwise I am glad that the issue worked it’s self out and I hope you enjoy the engine!

Thanks,

Duly noted! And yeah, it’s a huge improvement over UE3, great work from you guys!