UE4 4.26 crashes when using engines while it compiles shaders

Are you using laptop with some intel HD graphics card?

Unreal crashes when i use the engine in any capacity while it compiles shaders atleast mostly while compiling shaders.

Fatal error: [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Windows/D3D11RHI/Private/D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 198] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x0 - ‘S_OK’)

UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_SlateRHIRenderer
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_RenderCore
UE4Editor_RenderCore
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
kernel32
ntdll

i am using a laptop with a gtx 1070 and a intel hd card.

posting a reply for notification

Ok try this, disable your intel graphics hd card from device manager and retry.

yes we solved your crash problem, try lowering your settings.

And please update your drivers on both graphics card try enable after update. If it crashes, just use as disable. Better to have laggy instead of having crash.

If those are not solving your issue, read and try steps at here

it doesnt crash when i disable intel hd card but the everything is very laggy when i disable it.

i will try these but i have noticed that my system is slow even outside of unreal when i disable intel hd card, which if i am correct should not be the case and that leads me to think there might a driver issue for both cards or just my gtx card.

Update: i reinstalled intel hd driver and that seemed to fix everything. now everything seems to run normally.

Thank you for the help Good Sir/Madam .

I have a mac with the intel card … this thing quickly goes to 3% battery and is ultimately
worthless. Every other part of getting into this as a hobby has been awesome! This engine is great!